GolfNewsNow values your opinion, either through responses to blogs or by chipping in on the GNN Poll. Each poll will offer multiple choices for you to consider.
Have a Say : The Current Poll can be found on the GNN sidebar.
Is raising the price of greens fees/memberships a viable way to deal with large minimum wage hikes, or will it mean lost business?
- A small price hike might work, but it won’t be enough. (48%)
- It’s a good way to deal with it. (32%)
- It will lead to lost business. (20%)
Start Date: January 12, 2018 @ 9:08 am
End Date: February 12, 2018 @ 9:08 am
Are you concerned with how the golf course where you work/play will come through the winter this year?
- NO (53%)
- It’s too early to think about it (36%)
- YES (11%)
Start Date: January 6, 2018 @ 7:53 pm
End Date: February 6, 2018 @ 7:53 pm
What do you expect to accomplish this week at work?
- A lot … this is a great time to get work done (55%)
- I’m working, but probably won’t get much done (32%)
- I’ve got the rest of the week off (13%)
Start Date: December 28, 2017 @ 5:19 pm
End Date: January 28, 2018 @ 5:19 pm
In the wake of recent allegations, is it time for your place of employment to discuss sexual improprieties, assault and comments and establish a zero tolerance policy?
- YES (88%)
- NO (12%)
Start Date: December 10, 2017 @ 11:21 am
End Date: January 10, 2018 @ 11:21 am
Do you plan to work past age 65 and if so, what’s the main reason?
- Yes I plan to work. I enjoy it and want to stay active (44%)
- Yes I plan to work due to financial concerns in retirement (29%)
- I don’t plan on working in retirement (27%)
Start Date: December 1, 2017 @ 10:22 am
End Date: December 30, 2017 @ 10:22 am
Are you paying attention to the latest debate over rolling back the golf ball or is there nothing new to say on that subject?
- No. Enough talk. Make your decision (65%)
- Yes. It’s an important issue (35%)
Start Date: November 26, 2017 @ 2:03 pm
End Date: December 26, 2017 @ 2:03 pm
Should $15 an hour become a standard minimum wage across Canada, despite the risk of layoffs, reduced hours and rising prices?
- NO (68%)
- YES (32%)
Start Date: November 17, 2017 @ 12:40 pm
End Date: December 17, 2017 @ 12:40 pm
How would you compare the rounds of golf you played this year to the rounds you played when you first got into the industry?
- Drastically lower (52%)
- The same or more (24%)
- Somewhat lower (24%)
- New to industry / never played regularly (0%)
Start Date: November 10, 2017 @ 9:48 am
End Date: December 10, 2017 @ 9:48 am
Have recent circumstances (lack of security, cost of living, wages. etc.) caused you to reconsider your future in the golf industry?
- YES (64%)
- NO (36%)
Start Date: November 3, 2017 @ 10:03 am
End Date: December 3, 2017 @ 10:03 am
Do you believe there is a long-term future for the regional buying shows in Canada?
- NO (60%)
- YES (40%)
Start Date: October 27, 2017 @ 12:28 am
End Date: November 27, 2017 @ 12:28 am