The 2010 PGA Fall Expo Education Conference in Las Vegas is offering seminars at no cost to professionals and golf buyers, Aug. 17-18 at the Venetian Resort and Convention Center.
Topics will include social media strategies, top teaching techniques, green golf strategies and better bottom-line management, among other topics.
Seminars and keynote presentations will take place on Tues., Aug. 17, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and Wed., Aug. 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The seminars will be led by speakers from the PGA of America, Association of Golf Merchandisers and successful golf business leaders.
The seminars are also free of charge to Canadian PGA members, who can use the seminars for continuing education credits. Canadian PGA members should contact Morgan Court at the national office before attending.
Topics and speakers are as follows:
• Be a Complete Game Coach, Lynn Marriott, PGA, Pia Nilsson, Vision54
• Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter: Growing Your Business through Social Media, Paige Balocki, Turner Sports
• Best Practices – General Management – Things You Should Know, Mark Black, PGA
• Creative Pricing and Ways to Generate Revenue, Al Sutton, PGA – 2006 Southwest MOY
• Unlocking the Open-to-Buy – THE Tool for Managing Inventory, Tracy Moffatt
• Enhance Your Complete Game Coach Communications and Feedback Skills, Lynn Marriott, PGA, Pia Nilsson, Vision54
• Brain-based Approach for Game Improvement, Michael Hebron, PGA, Susan Berdoy Meyers, PGA
• The Inventory Challenge – How Much Do You Need?, Tracy Moffatt
• Teaching vs. Learning – Developing Approach, Michael Hebron, PGA, Susan Berdoy Meyers, PGA
• Water Rights and Environmental Issues Impacting Golf, Christine Garrity, PGA Legal Counsel, The Podesta Group
• Shrinkage – Better Controls for a Better Bottom Line, Tracy Moffatt
• POS System Reports: Finding, Understanding and Using Jonas Reports to Monitor Your Business, Tracy Moffatt
• Vendor Roundtable – Looking Ahead: Trends and Fashion, led by Vicki Bernstein
• Building a Referral Machine for Your Golf Facility, Andrew Wood, Legendary Marketing •
Get Golf Ready/Play Golf America- Attract Students, Generate New Golfers, Ron Stepanek, PGA, and Del Ratcliffe, PGA
• Talent Management – How Your PGA Team Supports You, Dawes M. Marlatt Jr., PGA, Kathy Wilkes, Ron Stepanek, PGA
• You Can’t Buy Loyalty With Discounts, Andrew Wood, Legendary Marketing
For more information, see the website, www.pgaexpo.com.