The Golf Town National Amateur Series has been officially launched in conjunction with the Great Lakes Tour.
The new tour will include 18 events that will be held at public and private courses across Canada this summer.
“The new national amateur Series will help drive golfers to courses nationwide and allows us to offer our customers the opportunity to experience the excitement, camaraderie and friendly competition of tournament golf throughout Canada,” said Stephen Bebis, president and chief executive officer for Golf Town.
The series will also be presented by WestJet RBC MasterCard in conjunction with Callaway Golf.
For $150, Canadian golfers of all skill levels and ages who hole an official Royal Canadian Golf Association will be eligible to participate in the one-day tournaments that include prizing such as golf equipment and travel vouchers.
The new series offers various competitive flights with national winners from the Weir and Kane flights (men’s and women’s open) gaining exemption into the 2011 Canadian Men’s and Women’s Amateur Championships.
Regional winners will earn a round-trip flight to Toronto to compete for the Golf Town National Amateur Series championship, a 36-hole event being held Sept. 18-19 at Angus Glen in Markham, Ont.
The following is the list of 2010 events:
- June 1 Fire Rock Golf Club, London, Ont.
- June 5 Le Royal Bromont Golf Club, Montreal,
- June 12 Cataraqui Golf & Country Club, Kingston, Ont.
- June 14 The Marshes Golf Club, Ottawa
- June 21 Club de Golf Royal Charbourg, Quebec City
- July 3 Glen Arbour Golf Course, Dartmouth, N.S.
- July 6 Brantford Golf & Country Club, Brantford, Ont.
- July 10 Bear Mountain Resort, Victoria
- July 12 University Golf Club, Vancouver
- July 14 Tower Ranch Golf Club, Kelowna, B.C.
- July 21 Rattlesnake Point Golf Club, Milton, Ont.
- July 29 Valley Ridge Golf Club, Calgary
- Aug. 1 RedTail Landing Golf Course, Edmonton
- Aug. 7 Ambassador Golf Club, Windsor, Ont.
- Aug. 14 Moonlake Golf & Country Club, Saskatoon
- Aug.16 Eagle’s Nest Golf Course, Toronto
- Aug. 21 The Links at Quarry Oaks, Winnipeg
- Aug. 24 Val des Lacs Club de Golf, Montreal
- Sept.18-19 National Amateur Championship,Angus Glen Golf Club, Markham, Ont.