Eight players finished two over or better to make it through an RBC Canadian Open Regional Qualifier at Vancouver’s Marine Drive Golf Club and will now play in Monday qualifying for next month’s Open at Royal Montreal.
A total of 44 players competed at Marine Drive with the top 15 per cent of the field and ties (top seven competitors and ties) advancing to the Monday Qualifier to be held Monday, July 21, at Club de Golf St-Raphaël in Île-Bizard, Que
Chris Williams of New York, N.Y. claimed medalist honours after posting one-under 70.
Below are qualifiers from Marine Drive:
1. Chris Williams, New York, N.Y., 37-33 70 -1
2. Adam Cornelson, Langley, B.C., 37-34-71 E
3. Dakota Robinson, Discovery Bay, CA, 37-35-72 +1
3. Alex Francois, Burnaby, B.C., 36-36-72 +1
3. David Byrne, Essex, Ont., 37-35-72 +1
6. Kevin Stinson, Mission B.C., 37-36-73 +2
6. Roberto Lupini, Johannesburg, 36-37-73 +2
6. Ryan Williams, Vancouver, B.C., 35-38-73 +2