A dozen players finished three-under or better to move on to the final Monday qualifier for the RBC Canadian Open after a regional qualifier at Club de golf de l’Épiphanie in Épiphanie, Que., on Tuesday.
A total of 77 players competed. Organizers need 100 before a direct entry into the Open can be awarded. The Monday qualifer will be held July 23 at Heron Point Golf Links in Ancaster, Ont.
David Markle of Shelburne, Ont. posted the low round of the day on Tuesday with a five-under 67.
Six other golfers – Philippe Mongeau of Mascouche, Que., Kevin Senécal of Montreal, Dave Levesque of Sainte-Catherine, Que., Julien Proulx of Quebec City, Brian Churchill-Smith of Oakville, Ont. and Alain Trudeau of Sainte-Julie, Que. – tied for second at four-under 68.
Below are the players who will move from the Quebec qualifier to Monday qualifying:
1. David Markle, Shelburne, Ont. 67 (-5)
2. Philippe Mongeau, Mascouche, Que., 68 (-4)
2. Kevin Senécal, Montreal, Que., 68 (-4)
2. Dave Levesque, Sainte-Catherine, Que., 68 (-4)
2. Julien Proulx, Québec, Que. 68 (-4)
2. Brian Churchill-Smith, Oakville, Ont., 68 (-4)
2. Alain Trudeau, Sainte-Julie, Que. 68 (-4)
8. Maxime Barré, Granby, Que. 69 (-3)
8. Jean-Philip Cornellier, Laval, Que. 69 (-3)
8. Patrick Wilson, Sainte-Geneviève, Que. 69 (-3)
8. Lindsay Wilson, Australia, 69 (-3)
8. Mathieu Perron, Saint-Hubert, Que. 69 (-3)