Over the past week or so, GNN has been discussing the Canadian economy, a serious matter in this era of uncertainty, especially in an industry that depends so much on disposable income.
While we would still like your thoughts – either through comments or voting at the current GNN Poll on the home page – about the economy, let’s switch gears to a topic that will lighten the mood.
The reason that we take topics such as the economy so seriously is that we care about the game and the industry that employs us. As much as there are serious matters to be dealt with, we can’t allow them to overwhelm us or forget why we got into this business.
Thanksgiving is almost upon us, so the topic we put forward for your reaction is quite simply what do you have to be thankful for in Canadian golf?
- Is it loyal customers/members?
- Is it a hard-working staff that goes beyond the call of duty on many occasions?
- Is it a boss who did as much as possible to keep people employed even in tough times?
- Is it catching up with buddies who you don’t get to socialize with at the height of the season at the buying shows?
- Is it helping a junior improve his/her game?
- Is it the simple camaraderie of a round with people whose company you enjoy?
- Is it reading Hutch’s Blog and GNN every day? Hey, you can’t blame a guy for trying.
Those are just a few examples of what you may be thankful for this Thanksgiving. So let’s start the long weekend off on a positive tone by dropping your response into the Comments section below this blog.